#3: How might we learn from COVID-19 to reimagine our future for life, work, learning and play?
An extension for Google Meet to facilitate teaching and group project during online learning.
Criteria #1: Value
Lessons in Google Meet tend to be one-directional (as teacher is speaking to many students at once). It is hard to gauge their understanding, as we can’t directly garner feedback as easily as in the physical classroom (all students’ microphones are muted at almost any point of time). Teacher cannot easily ask students to discuss in ‘pairs, or ‘in groups’, due to the limitation of the platform. This extension is something I wish would exist to help me facilitate sharing and discussions.
Criteria #2: Inspiration
Teachers’ own experience in conducting lessons at home.
Criteria #3: Impact
– Able to condition themselves for learning due to the
– Less hassle from having to create their Google Meet link for their group project
– easier feedback mechanism to teacher
– better learning experience overall
– Less hassle from distributing the groupings, having to create additional Google Meet links
– Less hassle to facilitate learning and discussions
– Able to better understand students’ level of understanding
Criteria #4: Timeliness
The first two months is to lay out the framework.
The next three months are to test on users and finishing.
The last month is for socialization and teachers.
Criteria #5: Systems Thinking
The extension is for Google Meet, an already existing platform.